Everyday I pick the local dailies and go straight to the classifieds just to check up on some of the available services I'd need instantly. It was very handy after i was looking for a home to move into, an affordable lawyer to help me register a company, help a cousin choose a car, etc. I can go on and on.
What is striking is that for a long time, I did not observe how I would make use of this portion of the dailies due to the following limitations:
1. It doesn't allow photos, and when it will it might be too small.
2. It doesn't provide many details and would not be ideal for marketing.
3. It is surrounded by a sea of other ads and wouldn't be spotted easily.
4. It provides no space to show some of the valuable benefits for your services or products.
5. You've got no place to place testimonials. These limitations kept me from using this section. After i learnt from the advantages from the friend, I wondered why I used to be so stupid to bar my thoughts. It wasn't a bad option after all, since:
6. They're inexpensive. This was an advantage I had trouble understanding. Payment is based on the amount of words or lines the ad copy has. This only implies that you only put what you need and you can operate a series of words.
7. The inexpensive nature makes it possible to reach prospects every day without stressing you account.
8. I found that inside a growing economy like Kenya, about 2 million readers go to the classified section on a daily basis. Even 1% of the population as clientele inside a month would be sufficient to run a company. Am sure bigger economies have bigger audiences.
9. Rather than testing an advertisement on a big copy and spend 100's of dollars onto it, with the classified, you are able to run a series of tests to determine what aspect of you products would be good for advertising. This could improve your advertising efficiency.
10. If you want to know which title works perfect for your product or service, the classified may be the way to go. Ted Nicholas brainstormed on new book titles and narrowed his ideas to few titles. He'd then operate a free classified and the one which pulled most response always won his heart and gave him success.
11. Ted Nicholas' way can be used in testing new concepts in any field. Once you limit to a few options, the marketplace can help you know the winner. Follow Ted's steps and you will be safe.
12. It is ideal for generating leads. When putting your ad, prompt your reader to contact you via e-mail, phone, etc. Once they do this follow-up with a sales call.
13. The best thing about classifieds and target population is that it may be used locally, regionally or internationally. It's one tool which makes a small business compete on the small budget.